January 17, 2015
Showing your home’s heating system a little love can go a long way. The 5 tips below will help you extend the life of your heating equipment while keeping it running efficiently.
Here are 5 simple way to show your heating system some love:
- Change your heating system’s filters at least twice a year. Dirty filters aren’t good for the system or for your home’s air.
- An annual tune-up is a must. A tune-up keeps your heating system running efficiently, prevents expensive & inconvenient breakdowns and prolongs the life of your equipment.
- Set your programmable thermostat. Reduce temperatures when you are not home and when you are sleeping. Setting your system to your schedule will save you money and reduce the wear and tear that drastic temperature changes can have on your system. (see coupon below for savings!)
- Keep it clean. If your unit is inside, keep it clear of heavy lint, dust and dirt. If your unit is outside, keep it clean of leaves, branches and other debris.
- Vents need to flow. Always be sure that outside vents aren’t blocked – especially when snow fall is heavy. Partially blocked vents can be bad for the equipment while totally blocked vents can be dangerous for you and your family.
previous post: Don’t Be A Heating Grinch | next post: Showing Your Home’s Plumbing Some Love
You and your home deserve Ship Shape service from dedicated Maryland plumbers, drain cleaning and home heating and air conditioner repair techs,
Get It Done Today – 301-683-7080.