October 1, 2013
October is national Breast Cancer Awareness
month. Please join all of us here at Shipley Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
in helping to spread the word about minimizing the effects of breast cancer through education and early detection while raising money to help support the medical research needed to put an end to breast cancer once and for all.
Did You Know?
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer during their lifetime
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women worldwide
- Hundreds of thousands of women’s lives are taken by breast cancer each year
The Good News Is:
- When breast cancer is discovered early (and at a localized stage) the survival rate is 98%!
- There are numerous ways to detect breast cancer: self breast exams, mammograms, MRIs and ultrasounds
- Death rates from breast cancer have been declining since 1990
Maryland’s Race For The Cure
fundraiser is on October 20 in Hunt Valley, Maryland. We urge everyone that can to make a financial donation or to donate their time to this great cause. Click on the button below to donate or to volunteer!
“The Komen Race for the Cure® Series raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship, and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.” komen.org
previous post: NOW HIRING! | next post: Don’t Get Tricked By Home Heating Issues!
You and your home deserve Ship Shape service from dedicated Maryland plumbers, drain cleaning and home heating and air conditioner repair techs,
Get It Done Today – 301-683-7080.